What. A. Month.
Here’s my gratitude list for May 2020:
- Great books to read. This month, I’ve read White Fragility, Eight Perfect Murders, The Holdout, and Darling Rose Gold – all fantastic reads.
- Spring! We’ve been going outside barefoot and in sweatshirts and it’s glorious.
- Rainy days. On the sunny and beautiful days, I am either gloriously happy and grateful – or, if I’m having an off day, I end up getting an attack of the “shoulds.” I should be outdoors all day. I should take the boys for a hike. Lately, when there’s a rainy day, it gives me the freedom to curl up with the two boys and watch a movie without the sunny day outside lookin’ in my window and just judging me.
- Ebooks. What would I do right now, with the library closed, without ebooks?! There were so many books that I had requested through the library months ago – physical copies of books – that I now can’t get access to. Luckily, I’ve been requesting copies of ebooks and miraculously getting the books pretty quickly. So grateful to be able to read the latest books published!
- These boys. It’s a crazy time, and things are hectic. But if there had to be a freaking global pandemic, I’m grateful that a side effect of it is a lot of extra time with my boys while they’re oh-so-little.
I am all the things – grateful, stressed, worried, scared, happy, peaceful, content. And it’s all okay. And whatever you’re feeling? That’s okay too. Cheers to May and to a beautiful June coming our way later this week!