Never could I have predicted what’s happened this month. Not in a million years.
There’s so much to be worried about, and there is so much to be grateful for.
- OMG – the new book by Glennon Doyle. It’s called Untamed and I freaking love it.
- My month of creativity. I’ve been listening to a Creative Live writing course, I’ve been writing. Never as much as I want, of course – but it’s happening. I’m so grateful.
- Now more than I ever, I am grateful for the health and well-being of my family.
- Great books. I’m currently reading Untamed and a novel by Clare Lombardo called The Most Fun We Ever Had, and I have several exciting reads on my bookshelf. Right now, I need books more than ever.
- Our home. I loved our farm and our little old farmhouse, but right now I’m so grateful to be living in a home with internet, good heat, and comfortable space for us to live and work and play.
It feels odd, continuing my gratitude practice at a time when so many are suffering. But I need it, and it helps me to maintain my perspective.
It’s trite, but it’s true: my heart and my thoughts and my prayers are with those who are suffering, ill, hurting, stressed, grieving. For myself, I pray for the strength, courage, and wisdom to do the next right thing, one day at a time.