Life is a little nutty right now! I’ve been doing some thinking and planning related to fiction writing, and I started writing morning pages when I wake up, and both of those interfere with my blogging. I’m sure I’ll get back on track. For now, here’s my February gratitude list:
- Sick days. Very relevant because I needed one this week.
- Family traditions. On Valentine’s Day, we hang little hearts on our bedroom doors. Each heart says something we love about someone in our family. LOVE.
- Reading books to the boys. My current favorite thing to do with them is curl up on the couch with a pile of books.
- Edgar’s giggles. Whenever anyone asks him a question he knows the answer to, he automatically says, “I don’t know.” For example: if I ask him, what letter does your name start with, he’ll say, “I don’t know… E!” I’ve been trying to encourage him to say “Let me think” instead of “I don’t know,” and he thinks it’s hysterical. Last night, we practiced it over and over, and he collapsed into giggles EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Love this kid so much.
- Morning pages. I haven’t written them in years, but I restarted the habit a few days ago and I’m finding it refreshing.