My plan for February 2020 was to focus on service and kindness, but I’m changing it up a bit.
My January resolutions were hard to manage, particularly the ones related to food. I constantly find myself slipping back into unhealthy habits – too much caffeine, junk food – when I’m stressed or busy. (OR when I’m just stuck in a bad habit, like stopping to get a snack on the way home from work!)
So I don’t feel fully ready to dive into a topic like service. It makes more sense to me to take my topic for March – Mindfulness, Meditation, and Presence – and blend it together with my health and wellness goals to make a new theme.
Therefore, my theme for February 2020 is going to be Mindfulness + Wellness. Here are the resolutions I’ve come up with so far:
1. Attend 2 AA meetings every week. (Aim for three; don’t allow less than two.)
2. Meditate every morning.
3. Dock my phone AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE – limited screen time.
4. Plan adventures. (More on this soon.)
5. Take baby steps (atomic habits) toward improving my sleep hygiene.
6. Stop worrying about eating healthy and limiting caffeine; I seem to do better in this area when I’m not stressing about it.
May this February be heart-shaped and lovely. Let’s do this.