For my December gratitude list, I thought about writing a list of Things I’m Grateful For for all of 2019. I decided against it – TOO OVERWHELMING. There’s so much to be grateful for.
- My job. This school year, I feel so much more comfortable and connected at my workplace, and that’s invaluable.
- Great books to read – just read The Sentence Is Death recently, and am currently in the middle of Conviction. And I am pretty sure Santa is going to bring me a new book I am dying to read!
- One night last week, after Edgar was in bed doing his nightly stalling routine, we heard sirens outside. I grabbed Edgar and we ran to his window to see several fire trucks and ambulances riding by, one with Santa Claus riding on top of it! We watched and waved and then ran to tell Tamara. Edgar’s sweet, surprised smile was amazing, AND the sirens didn’t wake up Jonas, so it was a win for everyone. Such a sweet treat from the Reisterstown Volunteer Fire Company.
- WINTER BREAK. Having twelve days off for rest, relaxation, and festivities is just amazing. I’m loving it so much.
- This past week or so, I have been daydreaming and wondering, and I feel like I am finally, after three months off, starting to have the bandwidth to attempt writing fiction again. I haven’t written a word of it yet, but I can feel it bubbling and it feels delightful. Stay tuned.
Every year, every week, every day, there is so much to be grateful for. I feel incredibly blessed, and glad to be aware and appreciative of it all.