This isn’t a Thanksgiving post; just my regular monthly gratitude post. But I am especially grateful this week.
- Edgar’s pre-school. I just love it, and he loves it, too. Every day, they assign classroom jobs, and he gets so excited when he gets to be the Door Holder, the Spoon Helper, the Flag Holder, or – wait for it – the Weather Watcher. The best thing about the Weather Watcher job, per Edgar, is that the class sings a special song (to the tune of Frere Jacques) to the Weather Watcher. Weather Watcher, Weather Watcher, What do you see? What do you see? Tell us what the weather’s like, tell us what the weather’s like, Won’t you please? Won’t you please? Sometimes Edgar says that the WW is the best job. But also, sometimes he says the best job is the Cup Helper. I can’t tell if this is based on his job that day, his mood, or some kind of pre-school political climate.
- Our new home. Things are slowly getting unpacked and finding a home. My mantra for the new house is Have nothing in your home that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. Slowly trying to make that mantra our reality.
- The long weekend for Thanksgiving. Travelling is exhausting, but a four day reprieve from work is greatly needed!
- ONLY 26 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!
- Edgar’s joy at a holiday train garden. UNPARALLELED. Cheers to many holiday festivities to come!