It’s spring! The weather is beautiful. and it’s almost summertime. And the summer is when I’m going to get A LOT OF WRITING DONE NO MATTER WHAT.
My goals for this month are pretty basic. I’ve abandoned the hope of getting substantial novel writing done at this time. J.J. is sleeping way better, but until he’s sleeping through the night, early morning or late evening writing is nearly impossible because I’m exhausted. I do still have my afternoon nap writing time on the weekend days, but that’s not always a given (need to have both boys asleep at the same time!) and I often use those chunks of time for blogging. So for now, I’m just aiming to get myself in gear so that when summer arrives (or when the sleep situation improves), I am READY to get some good writing done.
Here are my goals for April 2019:
- Maintain my blogging, posting every Tuesday and Saturday.
- Continue reading Story Genius. (I’m giving up on finishing it! This is a “write as you go” kind of book.)
- Get all of your novel writing transferred into Novlr. (More on that at some point!)
- Continue a modified digital minimalist diet.
- THINK about the novel as much as you can! Use your commute, and use voice memos. Plan things out and try to write at least 2,000 words this month.
So far, my monthly writing goals have been a great new ritual. Here’s hoping April brings more of the same!