I’m going to try something new this year.
I am going to get really specific about my goals for my writing.
My hope is that using SMART goals will help me to make more progress and/or to take notice when I am not making progress so that I can regroup.
Here are my goals for January 2019:
- Write every day. Average 7,000 words per week. Spend at least 4 of the 7 writing sessions working on the novel.
- Get back on track with blogging weekly or biweekly. (My realistic goal is every Tuesday; my ambitious goal is every Tuesday and Saturday.)
- Decide which novel you want to focus on by the end of the month.
Here are my big goals for 2019:
- Finish a draft of a novel by the end of June.
- Finish a GOOD draft of a novel by the end of December.
- Maintain weekly or biweekly blogging.
I am planning to use my “All The Things” posts on the last day of the month to keep track of how I’m doing with regard to my monthly goals.
Fingers crossed – hoping that this will help me to make some real progress!