Recently I posted a list of 25 things about me.
A few years ago on Facebook, there was a chain of lists like that floating around. Everyone who got tagged wrote a list of 25 random things about themselves.
I came across this list and decided to re-post it. I’ve been thinking a lot about self-knowledge. I want to know myself well – I want to be constantly striving to know myself better. I’ve been keeping a running list of things I know about myself, which I sometimes turn to when I’m feeling lost.
So here goes – starting with number twenty-six!
26. I want to be an adoptive parent.
27. I like to exercise alone more than in groups.
28. I love the smells of ginger and lavendar.
29. I miss my dad every day.
30. My memory is not great, and it makes me upset, because I worry that I am going to forget things about my dad.
31. I love children, and I’m good with them.
32. I love and miss Jackers so much that I don’t know if I could ever have another dog. (I think I could maybe have another dog. But I don’t know if I could ever love another dog.)
33. I love Tee. When other things suck, she is my constant joy.
34. I believe in libraries. I go to the library almost every day of my life. I pretty much always have between three and seven books (or audiobooks) waiting for me on the Hold shelf.
35. I love coffee, and I love coffee shops. I can’t imagine a worthwhile city without a funky, cozy coffee shop. The first thing I do when I’m in a new city is try to find out where the cutest local coffee shop is and get there as fast as I can.
36. I love writing, but sometimes it’s hard to make myself do the things I love. Which seems weird to me.
37. I worry about staying in touch with my family and my friends.
38. I worry A LOT. I worry more than I care to admit.